Sunday 5 April 2009

So Thankful

Okay it is 8.30 on Sunday morning and I am showered dressed my hair is done, the laundry is going and I have fed myself. This is a little freakish, when I woke up and walked past the clock on the stove I didn't have my glasses on and I thought it said 8:58 I was kind of irked but figured if my body needed the sleep so be it. On the way back I noticed the sky was still pink and thought that was strange so I put my glasses on and had another look 6.58 oh that is a little better ha ha ha. I am just waiting for the was to finish and I am off to the next big town over Basildon for some crafting stuff. I need a Happy Easter stamp to do a second card for my nieces I refuse for any of their cards to be remotely similar and I had a set that had a very specific greeting but don't want to use the same stuff for my second nieces card. I think having a husband who is a twin has drummed into me that even if they are both girls and sisters that things need to be different. I am also hoping to find that plasticy grass stuff you put in the bottom of Easter baskets, I am sure they have out lawed it in England for one reason or another, no worries I have a plan B. Last but not least some twine to hang my garland, I am thinking it will give it a nice rustic look if I use brown kitchen or garden twine to put it all together. Will post pics as soon as it is done and hung.



My mother in law rung yesterday to invite me down for a Sunday roast, I am wondering if Mr Y in E put her up to it as the last time I went shopping I bought all veggie stuff and no meat as I kind of have a take it or leave it relationship with meat especially when I am the one having to cook it. I can actually see Mr Y in E calling up his mum and saying "Can you make sure Yank gets some protein in her diet while I am away" ha ha. I am cool with it as it means I don't have to cook for myself and I will not have to do the dishes as MIL has a dish washer. I also get dessert which is a rare treat as I don't buy any of that stuff and only have it when I go out.



So another layout I made up yesterday. It did not turn out anything like I had in mind, I really wanted to use a photo of DH that is my absolute fav but I can't find it on the computer and as it is one from where DH works that was done professionally for some advertising they were doing for the resturant I think DH has it sitting in a folder deeply buried in some of his work stuff on the computer and after searching for 30 min yesterday morning I gave up and decided to use one from five years ago that I absolutely love but had never put on a scrap page. Anyways it just sort of all just laid itself out and then it was done, kind of a weird experience I was doing all the trimming and stuff but all of a sudden I looked down and it was done and I not sure where it came from other than the title was one I saw on another page and like.


I bought the type writer alphas about 4 years ago, I just HAD to have them and since then they have been sitting in my alpha folder just waiting for my perfect project, I was almost sad to use them but then though what am I going to save them for the rest of my life to be buried with them or something HA. Have I mentioned I am addicted to sassafrass lass paper! I love it, did a whole mini album for my MIL for mothers day. Well the washing machine just dinged time to run and change the laundry and be on my way.

1 comment:

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Another beautiful layout! And you got up at 6? Are you crazy!! I would be asleep by 9am!! You made me jealous with roast dinner....so want a roast dinner :) Hope you found your green grass :)