Tuesday 20 January 2009

AmyRS54




So yes I got the memo that Christmas was almost a month ago but one of my goals this year was to a make a couple of Christmas cards a month. I made all the same Christmas cards to send out last year and just felt kind of sad sending exactly the same card to everyone. I also never wanted to see the stamp set I used for it after I was done. I was so tired of colouring in the same image 75 times. I also could not find any other stamps that "spoke" to me when planning this sketch.
I think if I was to do it again I would use a lighter green on the tree as it kind of takes over the whole tree and you don't really see the red baubles.
On a good note I finally figured out how to use the macro focus setting on the camera, we got this camera as an engagement gift almost two years ago and I spent a lot of time reading the manual and figuring everything out, then promptly forgot most of it since I mainly used it as a holiday snap camera. Hopefully my pictures of the details will be better now.
Thank you all for your kind comments regarding my journey to being a non smoker, they really touched me and give me the strength to continue on, it is nice to know there are people all over the world routing for me.
Ink: StazOn
Markers: Real Red, Garden Green,
Paper: This all came from a stash of paper I bought three years ago in a failed attempt to make Christmas card not sure where I even got it. The Patterned paper was from a booklet I got at Hobby Craft.
Other: The brads were one of my purchases from the US. I think they are by American Craft but not sure.


4 comments:

Linda . J said...

Lovely card, and I know how you feel colouring the same card time and time again.
Hugs Linda

Stamp and Smile said...

I love it! I know what you mean about getting started on Chirstmas card EARLY!!! I did a few of the same style and a person can get burned out... LOL! :)

AmyR said...

Smart idea to get started EARLY on Christmas cards. That's what I should be doing! Mebbe then I'd actually have them done and sent out on time!

Thanks for playing along!

Alanna said...

Great card. And I don't mind seeing Christmas cards in January. I'm doing the same thing as I didn't get cards sent out this past year. This Christmas will be different, though.